Creekside is fully tenanted.
Those who applied for initial tenancy in January 2020 and were not offered a tenancy are on a waitlist. If you would like to be added to the bottom of the waitlist please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creekside Rental Details
The 14 units at Creekside were initially rented (in 2022) at the following rates to eligible households:
The Housing Agreement between the District of Tofino and THC stipulates which households are eligible to rent at Creekside. Catalyst is leasing the land from the THC and the Lease requires that Catalyst follow the Housing Agreement and provide an annual report to the THC.
The Housing Agreement also specifies which households should be prioritised for tenancy (see below). This prioritisation was developed by the THC and confirmed through the approval of the Housing Agreement by the District of Tofino Mayor and Council. Given the number of inquiries received to date it is the expectation, though not guaranteed, that all units will be rented to Priority 1 households.
1st Priority Tenants - Must meet ALL criteria
Residency: Living 24 of previous 36 months in the Alberni Clayoquot Regional District
Employment Requirement*: Have been working for 1 yr full-time in Tofino, or for Island Health or for the Parks, or is a Senior or is on Disability.
* Working full-time means someone who has worked at least an average of at least 26 hours per week, year-round, and in the case of self-employment, means employment from which an individual earns at least 90% of his or her annual income; if your job was interrupted by closures or reduced hours due to the COVID-19 pandemic and your employer can confirm this in writing, then you will still be eligible.
Real Estate: No real estate owned by the household
Maximum Household Income:
1 Bedroom = $51,000** or less
2 Bedroom = $81,000** or less
3 Bedroom = $91,000** or less
** Maximum Household Income may be raised each year, if Catalyst chooses to do so, based on amounts specified in the Housing Agreement. Due to the funding and financing received from the CMHC Co-Investment program Catalyst is further restricting the lower priced rental units (currently 7 of 14) to households with yearly household incomes below the following amounts:
1 Bedroom = $42,000 or less
2 Bedroom = $50,000 or less
3 Bedroom = $60,000 or less
The accessible units are also prioritised to those with physical disabilities who require that type of unit; the accessible units may be rented to other households should no one with a physical disability apply within the designated time frame.
Following Initial Tenanting for Creekside
1. At end of the initial rent-up process, Catalyst will put non-successful applicants on a Creekside waitlist. Please note that for the initial Headwaters tenancy, unsuccessful Creekside applicants and new Headwaters applicants will be randomly ordered per a similar procedure used for Creekside.
2. Potential new tenants can be added to the bottom of the Creekside waitlist by emailing email@example.com.
3. Once a year Catalyst will ask people to indicate whether they would like to remain on the waitlist and if there has been a change in their household size.
4. After the first rent up period is complete and there is a vacancy for a new household, Catalyst will first look to accommodate changes in existing tenants’ housing needs. If no existing tenants require changes to their housing, households on the waitlist will be contacted by email and given 7 days to reply with an updated application.
5. The applicant highest on the waitlist who submits an updated application and, also, has their eligibility reconfirmed, their Housing Agreement priority status reconfirmed, has a household size, income and disability status that matches the available unit and completes acceptable credit and reference checks, will be offered tenancy to the vacant unit.
Copyright © 2023 Tofino Housing Corporation - All Rights Reserved.